Friday, January 1, 2010
1. Indian Lamb mince : 500 gms
2. Long grained Basmati rice washed and soaked : 3 cups
3. Finely chopped onion : 1 large
4. Finely chopped tomato : 1 large
5. Spice : 5 cloves, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp cinnamon powder, 1 1/2 tsp garam masala powder, 1 tsp chillie powder and salt to taste.
6. Oil : half and half of vegetable and olive oils for frying (approx 2 tbsps)
7. Saffron : few threads soaked in cold milk.
1. Bring a large pot of water to the boil,
add rice + a pinch of salt and cook till 3/4th done - where the grains are separate. Drain and keep aside.
2.. Heat oil in a shallow pan, add cloves and when puffed add the onions. Fry till golden brown.
3. Turn up the heat, add mince and dry spices and stir fry till the mince is almost done.
4. Add the tomatoes and simmer till most of the water has evaporated.
5. Take a deep baking dish and arrange the keema in the bottom layer.
6. Top evenly with a layer of rice.
7. Sprinkle the soaked saffron on top.
8. Seal tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes on medium gas mark in the centre rack of the oven.
9. Serve with onion raitha.