Wednesday, July 13, 2011
This one is an easy peasey Drumstick recipe that will do for everything for a simple children's dinner to a fairly hearty party snack. The best part is that even if you don't have a grill or barbecue it can be done quickly in a non-stick pan.
1. Chicken Drumsticks : 8 pieces thawed.
1. Soy sauce: 1/4 cup
2. Any hot sauce (or plain tomato sauce for kids): 1/4 cup
3. Cornflour: 1 heaped tsp
4. Milk: 1/4 cup
5. Salt and Pepper to taste
6. Sesame seeds: about 1 1/2 heaped tbsps
7. Honey: 1 1/2 tbsp
1. Mix together all the ingredients for the marinade except the sesame seeds in a bowl.
2. Pat dry the drumsticks and pour the marinade over them.
3. Mix well, add sesame seeds and mix again.
4. Cover with cling film and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes (These can be marinated in advance for a party or get-together).
5. Brush some oil in a non-stick pan.
6. When hot place the drumsticks and cook on either side till well browned (insert a sharp knife in them after turning over to check if cooked).
7. Serve with any dipping sauce of your choice or with steamed rice and veggies.