A friend of mine had been hounding me to make her some of these ...
she remembered having eaten them at home when she was expecting and she REALLY wanted them again :D . I finally got around to doing them on Friday and some of them found their way into my stomach even before I was finished. This isn't exactly the healthiest recipe in the world but makes up for that by being scrumptious!
1. 250 gms or 1 large cup Semolina (chiroti rava)
2. One tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
3. 150 gms fresh, grated coconut
4. 150 ml warm milk
5. One tsp powdered green cardamom (elaichi)
6. Approx. 50 gms raisins and cashewnuts
7. 100 gms sugar (increase or decrease as per taste).
1. Place the semolina in a pan, top with ghee and fry till slightly brown. Keep aside in a tray or large plate.
2. In the same pan, brown the dry fruits and keep aside.
3. Add the coconut and roast till just beginning to change colour. Remove from heat.
4. Add the cardamom, dry fruits, sugar and coconut to the sugar and toss well.
5. Now pour milk a little at a time while taking handfuls of the mixture and shaping them into balls (laddoos).
Zimble? Happy cooking :)